Complete the following in the Your Career in Psychology Template:
Application and Research Vision
· Describe your vision for your career as a practitioner-scholar, and include three specific goals using the SMART goal model. Goal 1: Complete my masters in psychology in 1 year. Goal 2: Demonstrate psychological literacy. Goal 3 Behave in accordance with the ethical standards of the discipline)
· Discuss how you would apply the findings from your literature review (attached) to your future professional practice in psychology.
. What aspects of your research affected your vision or goals? The safety of kids with developmental disabilities served as a motivator to attain my goals.
. Given this, what topics do you think you would be interested in researching in the future? Elopement and self-injurious behavior.
· Analyze how your work this quarter will help you accomplish the functions, responsibilities, and ethics required of a professional in your specialization. You should cite information from your literature review and from your interview with a professional from your chosen career path (applied behavior analysis). Remember to critically evaluate all information you use.
· Describe how your vision was affected by the information in your readings from your Career Paths in Psychology text and in your exploration of the Career Center and other resources.
Professional Competencies and Requirements
Understanding the competencies and responsibilities involved in your future career in psychology is essential for growing as a practitioner-scholar in your field. It is also necessary to understand any requirements needed for your specialized practice and scholarship.
For this step in the assignment, describe the competencies, responsibilities, ethical considerations, and other requirements needed for achieving your vision and goals as a professional in psychology. These include:
· Capella program and specialization requirements. (Masters in psychology with specialization in ABA).
· Credentialing, certification, licensure, and accreditation practices and standards.
· Analyze the role of the practitioner-scholar model in guiding professional development.
. Skills, abilities, and attitudes critical to success in the field of psychology, such as those related to critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, evidence-based practices, ethical integrity, cultural competence, and conflict resolution.
. Make note of skills, abilities, and attitudes related to the practitioner-scholar model and the experience you had in researching scholarly sources in your literature review.
· Ethical codes, principles, laws, and policies applicable to your chosen career path. ( applied behavior analysis or BCBA.
With all this knowledge of your vision and goals, and the competencies and requirements for the field in hand, you are ready to plot your course to making these aspirations a reality. The final step in this assignment is to create an action plan to achieve your goals. This means translating the requirements for your profession and the development areas you identified into specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timed (SMART) steps to achieve your vision.
Include these elements in your action plan:
· Plan for completing your Capella program. (time management etc)
· Possible opportunities for additional training or volunteer work to address gaps in your knowledge or skills. (I will work as a RBT for experience)
· Possible opportunities in your current position to develop additional skills. (extensive since I will be working hands on with kids already as an RBT)
· Capella community groups and professional organizations that you could join for networking with others and completing additional informational interviews.
· How you will stay current with the research, literature, and ethics in the field.
· How you can apply what you have learned in this course about researching psychological literature and evaluating it in terms of reliability, credibility, ethics, and value.
· How you will apply critical thinking and effective decision making in your specialization.
· How you will use Capella’s support resources to develop the skills required to improve your writing and other competencies essential to the profession and to your role as a graduate learner.
· Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· Writing style: APA expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so. However, because you are talking about yourself in this paper, you may write in the first person.
· APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and format. Include a title page, abstract, and references list.
· Resources: Minimum of five resources with at least three of them from course readings. Your references may include both scholarly literature and practitioner sources. All references need to be cited in-text, according to current APA standards. Remember that citations are to support your thoughts, not take the place of them!
· Length: 6–7 double-spaced pages, not including the title page or references page.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.