I’m working on a Communications exercise and need support.
The goal of this project is to acquaint you with a family that is culturally differentfrom the family that you have grown up in and to understand how various ideologies or cultural representations can shape a family’s and identity and values. Find an individual or a family who has either immigrated to the United States, whose parents have come from another society, who has adopted internationally, or who is visiting here, or who lives or has grown up in a same-sex relationship. Your interviewee should belong to what is currently considered an underrepresented group in the West (this can include members of various ethnic / racial groups, LGBTQ individuals or religious groups; if you are not sure, please check with Ashley). Interview at least one member of this family about an aspect of their family life that interests you and that seems different from yours. For example parenting, family customs, intergenerational relationships, dating, marriage, etc. Make up about 8-10 questions to ask them. In addition, read 2-3 articles in the academic literature on this topic, for example childrearing in Mexican
families or arranged marriages in India or the effect of same-sex marriage policies in the U.S. I shall explain how to find these articles in class. You are to write up your interview and observations, as well as a summary of your readings in a short paper. In your paper, identify at least one source of perceived strength of this family related to their cultural identity and a type of stress they may face. Please see the rubric for more details.
- Paper length is 4-5 pages. Your paper should NOT exceed 5 typed (double spaced) pages (NOT including the interview)
- Attach a typed copy of your interview to the end of your paper.
- Describe the interview: How you found that particular family, what you noticed, what they said, what are the most significant issues that they are facing, something interesting you learned about them.
- Try to integrate your interview with the readings. This means that you should not just write up the interview and then have a separate paper about the readings. Instead, combine the two: for example, say “I found interesting that Sasha was enthusiastic about raising an adopted child from Honduras. According to (reference, 2014) most parents who adopt internationally, want…….
- Describe a bit how the interview reflects what you have read about this group or topic – are there significant similarities or differences?
- Make sure NOT to use the person’s real name – you want to protect their anonymity.
- MUST BE APA FORMAT
- Use Title page´No abstract needed´No header and footers needed´Proper APA citation´References page´Name your document LASTNAME.FIRSTINITIAL PAPER#