The purpose of this assignment is to document sources of research evidence that address a national practice problem, including the level and quality of each source of research evidence. A synthesis of the evidence is conducted to determine the overall strength and quality of the evidence. The development of an evidence table and synthesis are foundational to inform actions and decisions to improve healthcare outcomes. Construction of an evidence table and synthesis supports professional formation of the DNP practice scholar.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
- Compare and contrast differences and similarities of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method designs. (POs 3, 9)
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data for the purposes of critical appraisal of evidence. (POs 3, 9)
- Appraise systematic reviews for translation science. (POs 3, 5, 9)
- Evaluate selected statistical methods for the purposes of critical appraisal of evidence. (POs 3, 5, 9)
- Synthesize literature relevant to practice problems. (POs 3, 5, 9)
PRACTICE PROBLEM WAS: UNDER DIAGNOSIS OF DIABETES: CAUSE, EFFECTS AND RISK FACTORS