Write a 7- to 10-page technical paper that outlines the acquisition, implementation, standards, policies, and applications of a major health information system such as electronic medical records (EMRs), clinical decision support systems (CDSS), medical administration records (MARs), computerized provider order entry (CPOEs). Discuss the needs, benefits, challenges, and technical specifications of the system.
- Your references and citations should be consistent with a particular formatting style such as APA.
- Provide references from at least 3 scholarly articles.
- Your response should be based on reliable and scholarly material, such as peer-reviewed articles, white papers, technical papers, etc. Do not include information from non-scholarly materials such as wikis, encyclopedias, or www.freearticles.com (or similar websites).
- Your response should incorporate the outcomes of the module with the requirements of this assignment.
- Your paper must demonstrate a practical understanding of the architectural framework of the health information system selected.