Develop a population health plan to address a health concern in the current healthcare industry.
The key to an effective and sustainable population health management program is to know your chronic disease patients and coach them. The success of population health and chronic disease management efforts hinges on a few key elements: identifying those at risk, having access to the right data about them, creating actionable insights about patients, and coaching them daily toward healthier choices.
As your health system is drafting a strategic framework for the PHM program, you are tasked with creating a PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes in each content discussion slide. Explain the relationship between disease management and population health needed in the following areas:
- Describe the prevalent chronic diseases for the population your health system is serving.
- Describe the risks associated with the proliferation of these chronic diseases.
- Assess how the population will access information and resources to prevent and manage chronic diseases.
- Construct a chronic disease communication plan that helps patients with chronic diseases to pursue healthier choices and to use population health resources.
Use your findings from prior summative assessments in modules 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05 to create the PowerPoint. Use five quality references to support your assessment and findings.
This link has information for creating a PowerPoint presentation.
1. Describes the prevalent chronic diseases for the population the health system is serving with specific examples and with thorough and detailed reasoning.
2. Assesses how the population will access information and resources to prevent and manage chronic diseases with strong supporting information.
3. Constructs a fully developed and detailed chronic disease communication plan to help patients with chronic diseases to pursue healthier choices and to use population health resources.
4. Formal style in presentation throughout with in-depth and detailed slides, utilizes the notes sections to include details. Cites sources where appropriate. Notes section is professional throughout the presentation.