In about 200 words for each question answer the following:
1. Discuss the importance of the electromagnetic spectrum and the collection of intelligence. Focus especially on matter/energy interaction: emission, reflection, refraction, and absorption.
2. Describe resolution and define the principle measures used to analyze and evaluate collections.
3. Describe the four types of satellite orbits (LEO, MEO, GEO, HEO) and their potential uses in collecting information.
4. How does synthetic aperture radar work and what advantages does it have over optical imagery?
5. Describe the three major branches of ELINT
Please use the assigned course readings. To earn points you MUST demonstrate that you’ve read and comprehended the content of the material linked below!
IN ADDITION, DO NOT USE QUOTES IN ANY OF YOUR ANSWERS
Electromagnetic Spectrum and Resolution
Air Force Orbit http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/space/au-18-2009/au-18_chap06.pdf
Youtube technical https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUG5ALki-WY
Satellite resolution http://www.seos-project.eu/modules/remotesensing/remotesensing-c03-p01.html
Resolution basics: https://platform.digitalglobe.com/earth-imaging-basics-spatial-resolution/
Principles of Remote Sensing book: http://www.itc.nl/library/papers_2009/general/PrinciplesRemoteSensing.pdf
Youtube primer, Synthetic Aperture Radar: Of Bats and Flying Pianos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-YICKbcC-A