1. Investigate Terrorist Threats in a Global Perspective
Are we ready for the next attack? Why or why not?
State and support your position. In terms of your readings – what do you believe the most probable threat is, what could or should we be doing to be prepared? In responding explore (through your own research) and indicate technologies that could be considered in the detection of Nuclear, Biological or Chemical (NBC) agents in the Homeland and by first response personnel and organizations.
Forum posts must be a minimum of 250 words
2. Crisis Communications Cases
1. Look up websites of companies mentioned in the chapter and see if there are still any lingering posts, blogs, etc., on the crises covered. Were additional actions taken by the company? Did additional problems or crises develop? Was the problem mentioned in the chapter a prodrome (warning sign) for another crisis or problem?
2. Find a rogue website on the Internet and describe your response to it. Write a response that could be printed in a newspaper, circulated via e-mail, or posted on a website. Which method of responding would be most effective and why?
This is a required post with a minimum of 500 words.
3. You Are a Music Reporter
Assume that as a music reporter for a newspaper you have the opportunity to interview a Baroque composer for an article you are writing. “Toccata” from L’Orfeo, composed by Claudio Monteverdi in 1607., “Trio Sonata 11, Movement #2” by Arcangelo Corelli, “La tempesta di mare” by Antonio Vivaldi.
•Choose a composer from the Baroque period.
•Name the composer in your post.
•Listen to two compositions written by that composer. Name the compositions in your post. (Note: You may choose a composer not discussed in this week’s reading.)
List five questions you would ask and what you think the composer’s answers would be. (Three questions should be related to music.) Include a link to an example of that composer’s music in your response. Include a thoughtful subject line that reflects your main points.
Initial posts must be 250+ words, using correct grammar and spellcheck
4. IEC, IRB, and IREC
1. 1. What is the value of having ethics review committees such as an institutional ethics committee (IEC), internal review board (IRB), or an infant care review committee (IREC)?
Initial responses should be no less than 200 words in length not including your reference(s) and supported by at least two references (aside from the textbook).
5. Congress and the Economy
Evaluate from the last eight weeks congressional actions on the economy. Find a recent news article explaining a bill, vote, action, or inaction by Congress, and explain how it’s allowable under the powers granted to them in the Constitution.
Forum responses should be 300-500 words
6. What do you think is the most important ethical standard that applies to human research participation of those put forth by APA, and why?
•Your initial response should be at least 250 words
•All references are expected to be cited in APA format
7. In this discussion board, you will discuss one of the areas that includes the function of leadership.
1. Select one of the following:
· Individual behavior
2. Explain the area selected.
3. Describe at least two theories related to it, presenting experiences of yourself or a manager that you know.
4. Compare and contrast the two theories selected.
Initial post: The initial response to the discussion questions must be 250–350 words in length. have at least one source (the textbook does not count). All sources should be cited in APA format.