Instructions: You must type directly into this document answering all questions in complete sentences. Appropriately cite any external sources that you use. Upload the completed assignment to the dropbox prior to the deadline. You will be graded on your answers and your writing quality.
1. The terms play, recreation and leisure are often used interchangeable. Briefly define these three terms by describing defining characteristics of conditions of each. (5 points)
2. Explain Nash’s pyramid of good and bad leisure. (5 points)
3. Name the three sectors that deliver leisure services to the public, and provide a brief summary of each. (5 points)
4. Name three professional certifications that we covered over the course of the semester. Provide the name of the certification, the professional organization associated with it, a brief summary of the pre-requisites to taking the certification, and the value of obtaining it. (5 points)
5. List 5 goals of recreation in a correctional institution setting. (5 points)
6. What are the 3 pillars of the National Recreation & Park Association? (5 points)
7. If you were using the textbook from this course as a resource for a paper, show me how you would use APA format to create an appropriate citation. Show an example of an in-text citation, and a reference page citation. (5 points)
Case Study Question: Provide two or three succinct paragraphs articulating your answer to the scenario below. You will be graded on your writing, and your ability to articulate your rationale and reasoning behind your answers (15 points)
Our annual Summer Youth Program is a traditional Parks and Recreation summer camp experience that we offer at 15 different sites in Clarksville. It’s a six-week program that serves over 11,000 local youth. Unlike almost every Parks and Recreation department across the country, our program is 100% free! The City invests over $140,000 annually to operate the program. It is wonderful that our City and Department have made this investment in our local youth, but this actually poses a huge challenge for our department. Because it is free, we fill up very quickly and many kids are left out. Our problem is that many of the parents that sign their children up don’t actually have them attend regularly. We believe their thinking is – It’s free, so what is there to lose?
How can we ensure that parents who sign up for this free program actually intend on having their children participate so that we can serve more children