Subject: Internet Marketing
– The recommended material for the assignment (please include all of these in the citations on the assignment):
- Integrating Online and Offline Strategies (3rd Edition) – 978-1133625902 (ONLY CHAPTER 1 AND 2 FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT). File attached.
– The assignment should follow the APA Guidelines.
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. What do you believe are reasons for the highly visible failures of some of the early Internet enterprises? Do you see any parallels in more recent years? Are there any currently popular Internet sites that you think may not be sustainable? Is there an imbalance in market valuations and profitability?
2. The Internet marketing paradigm includes both marketing inputs and marketing actions. Discuss the major components of both the inputs and the actions and why it is necessary for them to work together.
3. What is the Internet infrastructure stack? What is the relevance of this technological concept to marketers? What is the significance of cloud computing in relation to Internet infrastructure? Who is the leader in cloud computing for third parties by revenue, Cisco, IBM, Google, or Amazon?
4. Select an industry that is currently in the news (e.g., automotive), or a specific company in the news (e.g., Tesla), or even better a specific product model that has been in the news (e.g., the Tesla Model S) and identify elements of its value chain. Where can information be used to decrease costs and increase customer satisfaction?
5. Social media can influence the integrated value chain. Research the influence that Marianne Barnes, the first female Master Distiller since probation, has created using social media for a product that has not been produced yet and will not be available for four years. How many online citations did you discover when doing a Google search for “Marianne Barnes, Master Distiller” and for “Castle and Key”? In your opinion, does she use Twitter and Facebook effectively? If you are a part of their integrated value chain, how would you leverage her social media success?