Motivation & Culture
1. Definition & Discussion of Motivation: (this criterion should take approximately 1-2 paragraphs to address)
1. Complete the “Sex Quiz” which is linked on the main page of the module. This survey assesses individual awareness of sexual myths common in Western cultures.
2. Keeping in mind that all items are actually false, how might the culture which you are from affect one’s reaction and subscription (i.e. belief in) to the myths assessed in this survey.
3. Were there specific items which you were surprised are considered false? Which ones? Why?
2. Cultural Elements & Motivation: (this criterion should take approximately 1-2 paragraphs to address)
1. Briefly discuss and define sexual motivation and sex culture.
2. Again, what role might culture play in types of myths about sex? Clearly define, explain, and discuss all terms.
3. Clearly link and explain the cultural elements of individualistic vs. collectivist societies which may accommodate the perpetuation of sexual myths.
4. Are certain cultures more or less vulnerable to holding inaccurate views about the sexual behaviors assessed in the survey.
3. Textbook and Research Connection: (this criterion applies throughout the response as textbook support for each criterion and clear connection to textbook and additional research examples)
1. Make sure to clearly incorporate ideas/concepts/theories discussed in the text to support your reasoning/rationale in your discussion of the above questions.
1. Additional Assignment Requirements:
1. APA style citation and references are required for all information taken from any source. Web sources are prohibited. Individual Response Post DUE 10/14/20 BEFORE 1159PM
2. APA style in-text citation and reference is required. Students may not use websites, of any kind, as a primary source in their responses. Submissions which do not contain both APA style in-text citation and reference and/or which use websites of any kind as a primary source may receive a zero.
3. Discussion formatting must be:
1. APA style citation and references are required for all information taken from any source. Web sources are prohibited.
2. Do NOT use bullets, numbering, headings etc.
3. Essay format required.
4. Submissions which do not contain both APA style in-text citation and reference and/or which use websites of any kind as a primary source may receive a zero.
5. Responses which do not meet the content and formatting requirements listed above will receive point deductions.
6. As stated in the syllabus and Obojobo modules on Avoiding Plagiarism, responses which do not contain BOTH in-text citation and references will be flagged for plagiarism and receive a zero.