- Are we, as a nation, interpreting the Constitution properly? Yes? No? In part?
- Was the Second Amendmentâ€™s original purpose to establish a militia to maintain the public order?
- Was â€œMilitiaâ€ intended to mean a regulated police force?
- Has the Second Amendmentâ€™s practical intent been eliminated by the existence of modern governmental resources to provide for state militias and a standing Army?
- In your opinion, do citizens have more to fear from governmental power, or private citizens owning guns? Thus, how does the second amendment in the 21st century promote freedom?
- The United States Supreme Court has already made clear through its legal opinions that gun regulation is constitutional. If that is the case, why then hasn’t stricter gun regulation been established?
In order to provide you with some historical context I have included a video below for you to watch. However, this is purely voluntary. You do not need to watch this video.