Note: For this assignment of total 6 pages, All in APA format
This is for this week 3-1
Link address is detailed.
3-1 Mini-Case Analysis: Cyclosporine ( two pages)
Read the case study “Cyclospora in the Wedding Cake” and then write a short case analysis addressing the following questions:
· What is the source of the infection?
· How did the biological characteristics of the pathogen influence your conclusion?
· What biological characteristics contribute to its threat to the food supply?
· How can you use the knowledge of its biological characteristics to prevent or control the disease?
· Propose a strategy to mitigate the disease risk and demonstrate how the strategy addresses the biologic principles of the disease
For additional details, please refer to the Cyclospora Mini Case Analysis Guidelines and Rubric document.
4-1 Mini-Case Analysis: H1N1 ( two pages)
Consider the H1N1 influenza or “swine flu” outbreak of 2009. Read “Mitigation Approaches to Combat the Flu Pandemic” to learn more about mitigation strategies that have been employed in the past and then write a short case analysis addressing the following questions:
· How do the biological characteristics of airborne diseases impact their transmission?
· What strategies have been employed?
· Are some strategies more effective than others? Why?
For additional details, please refer to the H1N1 Mini Case Analysis Guidelines and Rubric document.
6-1 Mini-Case Analysis: Mitigation Strategies for Different Pathogen Types ( two pages)
Choose an example pathogen that can be transmitted by more than one source (waterborne, foodborne, vector-borne, airborne). Outline the specific strategies for preventing and controlling the pathogen based on the source of infection. Then compare the mitigation strategies for the different pathogen sources. For additional details, please refer to the Mitigation Mini Case Analysis Guidelines and Rubric document.