Week 5 Discussion 2
“Intelligent Tutoring Systems” Please respond to the following:
- From the second e-Activity, propose at least two ways to use Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS) that may be similar to or different from MyMathLab with students taking online courses in your current workplace or planned workplace. Provide a rationale for your recommendations. Provide the Website(s) and article you referenced in your discussion, using the appropriate APA style.
- From the e-Activities and the content of the textbook, discuss at least two advantages and two disadvantages of taking a class or learning module online; discuss at least two advantages and two disadvantages of taking it on ground (i.e., face-to-face). Then, define â€œhybrid learningâ€ and discuss two advantages and disadvantages of â€œhybrid learning.â€ Comment on which you prefer in your current or future teaching or learning environment: online, classroom, or â€œhybrid.â€ Provide a rationale for your preference.
Week 6 e-Activity:
- Go to the U.S. Congress and Library of Congress Website, located at http://www.loc.gov/index.html,, and search for new copyright initiatives and laws that have recently been adapted and ratified by these legislators which may have impacted the design, development and implementation of distance learning, particularly e-Learning. Be prepared to discuss.
- Search the Internet for effective tools and applications used by colleges and universities in e-Learning environments to prevent plagiarism and cheating. Be prepared to discuss.
WEEK 6 DISCUSSION 1:
“Empowered Learners” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, the increasing Web-based content has exerted more pressure on policymakers and legislators in the U.S. Congress to enact new copyright laws to govern and organize electronic course material. Explain how the planning process of quality e-Learning classes, particularly posting copyrighted content on the Web for students to read, view, and copy could be affected by the current copyright law.
- From the second e-Activity, describe the tools you found to prevent plagiarism and discuss at least two other evaluation strategies that online instructors should use to prevent plagiarism and cheating.
WEEK 6 DISCUSSION 2:
“Evolving Technologies” Please respond to the following:
- Recommend at least two tools (e.g., pod casts, e-portfolios, and streaming video) that you would like to have implemented in your current or future e-Learning environment for instructors and students. Provide a rationale for your recommendations.
- * Recommend at least two ways for using social media sites for the instructors and students in your current or future e-Learning environment. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of their use in educational or corporate training environments.
Week 7 e-Activity Review the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) current standards for teachers. Be prepared to discuss.
WEEK 7 DISCUSSION 1:
“Key Stakeholders and Interaction in E-Learning” Please respond to the following:
- Describe the roles of four key stakeholders in an e-Learning environment, namely students, instructors, administrators, and technical support staff, and the challenges and leadership roles they face and play.
- List and discuss at least three factors that affect interaction among students and between students and the instructor in an e-Learning class.
WEEK 7 DISCUSSION 2:
“Online Collaborative Learning” Please respond to the following:
- * From the e-Activity, discuss two areas in the ISTE Standards that you consider to be your strengths and two that you would like to strengthen. Propose two ways to strengthen these areas.
- Propose a set of ground rules and protocols for students participating in an online class discussion thread in your school or corporate learning environment. Specify the environment and age level of the students. Include rules such as length of responses, number of responses, time by which the initial response needs to be posted, and other rules as you deem appropriate. Provide a rationale for your ground rules.
Week 8 e-Activity Use the Internet and Strayer Library, or both, to find guidelines for and examples of providing access to online instruction to and assessment of learners with disabilities. Be prepared to discuss.
WEEK 8 DISCUSSION 1
“Learner Emancipation” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, recommend to your school administrator or supervisor in a corporate environment at least two ways to design and deliver e-Learning courses that ensure sufficient accessibility for learners with disabilities. Provide a rationale for your recommendations. Provide the Website(s) and article you referenced in your discussion, using the appropriate APA style.
- From the e-Activity and the content of the textbook, discuss at least two ways to use assistive technologies to support fair and effective assessment for online students with disabilities. Provide the Website(s) and article you referenced in your discussion, using the appropriate APA style.
WEEK 8 DISCUSSION 2:
“Learning Theories and E-learning” Please respond to the following:
- Identify a learning theory that you consider as the most appropriate theoretical framework to support the e-Learning process. Provide a rationale for selecting this theory.
- Discuss this statement: â€œEducation is undergoing a theoretical shift from programmed learning and information processing approaches to knowledge building and transfer. Instead of focusing on how information is received, stored, and recalled, learning theorists are now turning their attention and concern to how knowledge is constructed within the learnerâ€™s mind, and the learnerâ€™ s interactions within a cultural and social context.â€ Does the e-Learning process support this statement? Explain.