1. What are some of the health issues associated with childhood? Choose one and discuss ways to treat it.
2. According to Gardner, there are eight theories of intelligence. Describe one type of intelligence and what occupation someone with a strength in that area might excel at.
3. Child Psychologist David Elkind has called today’s child the “hurried child.” Do you believe that children today are stressed and over scheduled? Why, or why not?
4. How does divorce impact children? What are the long-term effects of divorce? Do you think children of divorce have a disadvantage when compared to children from a traditional, two-parent home? Why or why not?
5. Identify major biological changes that occur during the onset of puberty. Which changes do adolescents have the most difficult time with and why?
6. Can you recall having gone through any of Fowler’s stages of faith? Where would you say you are now? Do you agree with the idea of people moving through different stages of faith? Why or why not?
7. What are some of the risk factors associated with teenage drug abuse? Why do you think so many adolescents abuse drugs? What are some ways this can be prevented?
8. What are some factors that protect adolescents from health risks? How do they help protect adolescents?