After conducting the interview, create a leadership profile of the chosen leader in a PowerPoint presentation (5-6 slides). Be sure to include the following in your individual leadership profile:
1. A slide that introduces your chosen leader, including justification for choosing the particular leader.
2. A summary of the answers to the interview questions.
3. A description of the leadership model with which the leader seems most closely aligned.
Interview: Liala Villa Manager department of Shipping and receiving
1. What are the most important qualities an effective leader should have?
– Vision for the future
– Good judgment
2. What is the importance of trust in leadership?
-Trust is very important, team members need to know the leader knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. Team members are willing to go above and beyond if they feel like their leader is leading in the right direction.
3. Have you engaged in 360-degree feedback? If so, what has been the result?
– I haven’t, but I will love to apply that.
4. What is the role of effective communication in leadership?
– Effective communication is key, a leader must be able to communicate the goal and what is expected from each of their team members in order to meet objectives.
5. At what point in your career did consider yourself a leader?
– I consider myself a born leader. I have always led people to resolve or complete things.
6. What advice would you give to someone that is going to take a leadership position?
– I would encourage to lead by example, to always be fair and empower and challenge people to learn and grow.