First, make sure to review the information about response papers in the module before week 6, which includes the following materials:
- Response Paper Guidelines
- Writing a Thesis in a History Paper
- Tips for Writing Paragraphs in History Papers
- Nash, “The Tricolored American Revolution” Ch. 11 in Red, White and Black, (pp. 221-242)
- “Abigail Adams, John Adams, and Mercy Otis Warren Discuss ‘Remembering the Ladies,’ 1776”
Then, write a paper which responds to the following questions:
Many Americans emphasize the importance of the American Revolution for the progress of humankind towards equality and democracy. From your perspective, does the significance of the American Revolution change when the perspective shifts to include the experiences of women, African Americans, and Native Americans? Why or why not? Explain your answers.