Application Analysis: Care planning for addictions
- This week you will showcase your knowledge about addiction counseling skills and treatment approaches you learned in class. The context of the presentation is for a person, or small group of persons (specify) who would benefit from the information.
- This presentation can be on ANY specific addiction (e.g., drug, alcohol, gambling, sex, etc.). Investigate the best practices in care plans that addictions counselors use to successfully treat the specific addiction. These best practices should include counselor skills (minimum of 3 specific skills) and evaluation/treatment approaches (minimum of 3 specific approaches).
- References – minimum of 3.
- Requirements (9 total PowerPoint slides, 7 with narration)
- Cover Slide (Student Name, Course Name/Number, Faculty Name, Date).
- Addiction Topic Slide with recorded narration (>15 seconds) telling us why the specific addiction topic was selected and the purpose of this presentation.
- Addiction Counselor Skills Slides (3 – one for each skill) with recorded narration (>30 seconds) telling us about the skill and why it is important/useful in evaluating and/or treating the specific addiction.
- Addiction Counseling Approaches Slides (3 – one for each approach) with recorded narration (>30 seconds) telling us about the history, effectiveness, and parameters for each evaluation/treatment approach.
- Reference slide (at least three references).
- Because good presentations have few words on the slides, include a Word document that contains the “notes pages” for the slides. These notes pages will contain the same wording you would use if you were publicly presenting your presentation (at least 50 words for each content slide).
- Students should follow best practices (e.g., avoid wordiness)-