After you turned in your evaluation to the senior leadership, they approached you about creating a proposal and guidelines that would explain and outline an organizational policy that you believe would help lead to an improvement in quality and performance for the benchmark metric for which you advocated improvement.
Senior leadership has asked that you submit a proposal and guidelines. Your submission should be 2â€“4 pages in length, containing 3â€“5 references to relevant research, case studies, or best practices to support your analysis and recommendations. It is essential to define a proposal of a succinct policy and guidelines to enable a team, unit, or the organization as a whole to implement recommended strategies to resolve the performance issue related to the relevant local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
When creating your policy and guidelines it may be helpful to utilize the template that your current care setting or organization uses. Your setting’s risk management or quality department could be a good resource for finding an appropriate template or format. If you are not currently in practice, or your care setting does not have these resources, there are numerous appropriate templates freely available on the Web.
The senior leadership has stressed that they hope you are precise and professional in your proposal, as well as persuasive in demonstrating the merit of your proposed actions. They have stressed that the following must be addressed in your proposal. Note: The bullet points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure your proposal is, at minimum, addressing each of the bullets. You may also want to read the Policy Proposal Scoring Guide and Guiding Questions: Policy Proposal (both linked in the Resources) to better understand how each criterion will be assessed:
- An explanation of the need for creating an organizational policy or practice to address a shortfall in meeting a prescribed metric benchmark.
- Recommendations of ethical, evidence-based strategies to resolve the performance issue related to the relevant local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
- An analysis of the potential effects of environmental factors on your recommended strategies.
- Propose a succinct policy and guidelines to enable a team unit or the organization as a whole to implement your recommended strategies.
- A proposal regarding which stakeholders and groups would need to be involved in further development and implementation of your recommended strategies, policy, and guidelines.
- Communicate the proposal in a professional and persuasive manner, writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Length of proposal: 2â€“4 double-spaced, typed pages. Your proposal should be succinct yet substantive.
- Please include a title page and a reference list in addition to your 2â€“4 page proposal.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3â€“5 sources of scholarly, professional, or policy evidence to support your analysis and recommendations.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.