Ashford University Planning Transitional Care Discussion
Clinical Assessment – Interprofessional Collaboration When Planning Transitional Care
Please take a moment to watch this Assignment Introduction, or read the presentation transcript.
Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
MN585-05: Form a collaborative relationship with the patient, family, and other health care providers.
Frail elderly may need assistance and support as well as guidance with transitioning from one healthcare provider to another. It is essential nurse practitioners have knowledge, skills, and competencies in ensuring quality in transitions of care of frail elderly. The nurse practitioner is accountable for promoting inter and intra-professional healthcare collaborations and consultation for effective and timely healthcare transitions.
Read the article: Vognar, L & Mujahid, N. https://web-b-ebscohost-com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/ehost/detail/detail?vid=0&sid=b67f116e-2af2-4855-b304-4323ffe9af1e%40sessionmgr120&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=101993843&db=a9h
- Discuss the definition of transitional care and the importance of transitional care
- Based on the Vognar and Mujahid article, identify five essential elements of effective care transitions vital to ensuring quality in transitions of frail elderly in healthcare transitions.
- Identify two gaps that commonly occur in transitions of care of frail elderly from one healthcare facility to another.
- What accountability does the Nurse Practitioner have in working to foster and promote inter and intra professional healthcare collaborations and consultation for effective and timely healthcare transitions to promote patient and family-centered care effectiveness, minimizing adverse events, and increasing timely, accurate, and complete communication.
- Describe your area of greatest learning from completing this assignment.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder