Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Intellectual Property Laws and Security Measures
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
Intellectual property law is a major issue facing organizations, and many organizations have been fined significant amounts for violations of intellectual property law. As an information security manager in an IT consulting company, your executive management team is concerned about the potential intellectual property violations in the organization. To address these concerns, they have asked you to develop an intellectual property policy to implement within the organization.
Develop a policy document in which you:
- Provide an overview of intellectual property law.
- Describe who the policy applies to.
- Create policy, standards, and guidelines concerning:
- Ownership of company material
- Develop intellectual property violation reporting procedures.
- Develop intellectual property infringement ramifications.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires use of new Student Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
(Note: Youâ€™ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.)
- Your paper should include a cover page.
- Your paper should be of sufficient length to fully develop your own ideas that address the items called for in the instructions, and not be filled with â€œfillerâ€ information. Write clearly and concisely.
- The paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze intellectual property laws.
- Use technology and information resources to research legal issues in information security.
- Write clearly and concisely about information security legal issues and topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.