Assignment: Marketing and Communication Techniques for Health Care Products
When selecting marketing and communication techniques, health care organizations must carefully examine their consumer populations, as not all techniques are effective for all consumers. Depending on the product, organizations might even choose two or three different techniques in an effort to reach multiple consumer segments. For this Assignment, you examine the consumer populations of your organization and create an advertisement using marketing and communication techniques appropriate for your consumers.
- Select a health care product to market within your organization.
- Identify the consumer population of your organization, including general and business consumer.
- Consider traditional and/or contemporary marketing techniques that may be appropriate for your consumer population (i.e., brochure, flyer, video commercial, audio commercial, billboard, social media, etc.). Reflect on why you might select this technique and how you might use it to market the product.
- With the marketing technique you select in mind, consider how you might create an advertisement to market the health care product and what communication techniques might be appropriate for your population.
Write a 2-page brief that addresses the following:
- Describe the health care product you selected.
- Analyze the consumer population of your health care organization.
- Recommend a marketing technique that is appropriate for your consumer population (i.e., brochure, flyer, video commercial, audio commercial, billboard, social media, etc.). Include why you selected this technique and how you will use it to market the product you selected.
- Recommend one or two communication techniques that are appropriate for the consumer population.
Then, create an advertisement using the marketing technique you selected. Be sure to utilize communication techniques that would be appropriate for the consumer population you identified