Option #2: Attracting a Meeting Planning Company for a Themed Event
You are the Director of fundraising at the local childrenâ€™s hospital. You are desperately trying to find a meeting planning company to complete the work listed below. From your perspective create a paper on â€œsellingâ€ a company to execute the following.
This event will be themed, but you donâ€™t know what to do since you are not able to execute marketing for this event. The event needs to include:
- 300 attendees meeting before dinner (two hours)
- A reception
- A dinner
- Entertainment at the reception and dinner.
You want the meeting planner to complete the marketing for this event. You know you need to answer the following questions before you can attract a meeting planner since there are so few in your city. Most are all booked up for the next year.
- Determine how you will execute this project.
- Explain the target market.
- Detail how you plan to reach these people.
- Describe the marketing components that you will use.
- Justify your selection of your marketing strategy.
Your paper should be three to four pages in length (excluding cover page and references) and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the assigned textbook reading and relevant research. You must include a minimum of three credible, academic or professional references. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Be sure to check out the Hospitality Tourism Management guide in the CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.). Here you can:
- Locate a variety of information sources that deal with hospitality, tourism, and management.
- Gather industry information specific to different aspects of hospitality or tourism.
- Locate writing and citing help.