Using your practicum experience, choose a client youâ€™ve seen with personality disorder.
- Download the Biopsychosocial Template (Word) to write about that client for this assignment.
- Use the template to create an evidence-based treatment plan using all of the components within the template. Follow HIPAA guidelines to avoid providing information that identifies the patient.
Criteria for this paper:
- Answer these questions succinctly but completely, integrating resources to provide rationale for all decisions.
- Use APA formatting for all components of your paper.
- Your paper should be approximately two to three pages in length not including the reference page.
- Davison, S. E. (2002). Principles of managing patients with personality disorder (PDF). Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 8(1), 1â€“9.
- Schultz, H. E., & Hong, V. (2017). How assessment and treatment differs from a psychotic disorder (PDF). Current Psychiatry, 16(4), 25â€“29.
- Ruggero, C. J., Zimmerman, M., Chelminski, I., & Young, D. (2010). Borderline personality disorder and the misdiagnosis of bipolar disorder (PDF). Journal of Psychiatric Research, 44(6), 405â€“408.
- Winship, G., & Hardy, S. (2007). Perspectives on the prevalence and treatment of personality disorder (PDF). Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 14(2), 148â€“154.
- Rhodes, J., & Murphy, P. J. M. (Eds.) (2015). Clinical consult to psychiatric nursing for advanced practice. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Tusaie, K. R., & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (Eds.) (2013). Advanced practice psychiatric nursing: Integrating psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and complementary and alternative approaches. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- PsychU. This website contains valuable psychiatric mental health screening tools. Retrieved from: https://www.psychu.org/
- If you havenâ€™t already done so, please register for access to this resource and search for applicable screening tools relevant to the assignments this week.
- Nursing: Psychiatric Mental Health: Getting Started. Check out this library research guide created for Regis Nursing students specializing in PMH.