For the Module 6 short paper, view the following video on conflict management:
conflict management (Links to an external site.)[Video File 27:00 minutes]
Choose a conflict situation you experienced in a work setting. Make sure that your illustration is work-related and not personal. Prepare a formal report, with recommendations you would make, based on the scenario chosen. Use the following questions as guidelines:
1. What was the cause of the conflict? Describe the situation by writing a problem statement.
2. How was the conflict resolved ultimately? Using concepts from your readings, which conflict resolution style did you initially use? AVOIDING, ACCOMMODATING, FORCING, OR COMPROMISING.
3. How would you change your approach to the situation?
For the short paper, follow the format and guidelines given below:
Title Page: Include name, paper title, course title, instructor’s name, and date.
Introduction:Discuss the purpose of the paper in succinct, declarative sentences. The introduction should offer a preview of the paper, its value, and be based upon the concepts studied in the course.
Discussion Content: This section should include the following three elements:
1. A brief examination of the issue, concept, or consequences of the actions taken
2. An explanation of the concepts or theoretical applications that pertain to this topic
3. A discussion of your position on this topic, supporting your argument from the text or other appropriate source.
It is highly recommended you make use of appropriate headings to guide your reader.
Conclusion: This should be a summative paragraph which includes a restatement of the key points in your discussion.
References:A minimum of two references (not including your textbook) must be used to support your discussion. Document all sources according to APA style.
Your work should be submitted in a Word document, 2-3 pages in length (not including the title and the reference page), typed in double-space, in 10- or 12-point Arial or Times New Roman font. The page margins on the top, bottom, left side, and right side should be 1 inch each. It must be formatted according to APA 6th Edition standards, including the title and the reference page.