Case Study: Auctions and Dynamic Pricing Instructions
Address the following questions in 5–7 pages:
1. Compare and contrast how each of the following uncovers value:
. English and Dutch auctions.
. Sealed-bid first-price auctions and Vickery auctions.
· Compare and contrast surge pricing and congestion pricing. Give an example of each currently in use.
· Identify three examples of auctions used in finance, e-commerce, and/or e-games. Explain the following in-depth:
. The need for an auction to uncover value in the product or service.
. How the type of auction used to uncover the value of the product or service is better at uncovering value than other types of auctions.
· What are the advantages or disadvantages of auctions as revenue generators for not-for-profit organizations?
· Suggest ways in which a for-profit company, such as the company for which you work or a company for which you aspire to work, can use auctions or dynamic pricing to better uncover value and increase revenue.