I’m studying for my History class and need an explanation.
Compare/Contrast: Paper 3
Chapters 9-11: Sayre’s The Humanities: Culture, Continuity & Change, Third or Fourth Edition, Volume I
Chapter 9: “The Rise and Spread of Islam: A New Religion”
Chapter 10: “Fiefdom and Monastery, Pilgrimage and Crusade: The Early Medieval World in Europe”
Chapter 11: “Centers of Culture: Court and City in the Larger World”
I expect these papers to be 3 pages in length (typed, double-spaced, stapled), and written in the expository
(argument) style. (See the “Expository Writing” and “Formal Writing” pages at the end of the syllabus.) The papers must have:
1. an Introduction paragraph ending in a predictive thesis statement;
2. body paragraphs (BPs) which begin with a topic sentence and then fully develop and follow the order of your predictive thesis statement, giving a minimum of 3-5textual examples per BP topic; and
3. a Conclusion paragraph.
Pick ONE of the following four topics for your paper to be compared/contrasted between TWO examples from each of the TWO Chapters you have chosen (Chaps 9–11):
1 .Compare and Contrast the following: TWO examples of architecture from EACH of the TWO Chapters you have chosen.
2. Compare and Contrast the following: TWO examples of writing/literature from EACH of the TWO Chapters you have chosen.
3. Compare and Contrast the following: TWO examples of art/artifacts from EACH of the TWO Chapters you have chosen.
4. Compare and Contrast the following: TWO examples of power/hierarchy from EACH of the TWO Chapters you have chosen. Remember, you will have ONE Theme/Topic, TWO Chapters, FOUR total examples, with 3-5 cited explanations for each of the four examples.
I will attach a sample of the thesis statement and should be one predictive sentence with strong claim and provides a structure for your argument
Remember, your 1-sentence thesis statement ends with a list of predictions. Each body paragraph follows that list of predictions, one prediction at a time, in order (see EW).
Each body paragraph must have sufficient examples to prove each of the points, and your citations (see FW #8) must be added parenthetically at the end of each sentence.
EW = the Expository Writing handout — second to last page of Syllabus.
FW = the Formal Writing handout — last page of Syllabus.
For the reference you only using a book No GOOGLE
I will give access for a book in the chat