The main topic for this thesis paper is Children of Prisoners. All references are being provided as well as a mind map, and an annotated outline which can be expanded upon. Durkheim’s theory for theoretical framework is to be addressed. All necessary back information is being provided to give direction. Formatting is to be in APA
- Determine the commonalities among the articles for each (sub)topic identified in your outline. For example, did authors use similar frameworks, materials, or participants? Are any studies an extension of another?
- Determine the differences that exist among the articles for each (sub)topic that you identified in your outline. If there are contradictory findings, you may (or may not) be able to identify methodological differences that could account for the contradiction (e.g., differences in measurements or participant demographics).
- Select general conclusions you can report about a subtopic, given the relationships you inferred from the group of articles within each subtopic.
- Consider the relationships between scholarly sources within each subtopic and drawn conclusions within each subtopic. If you take a step back and look at the entire group of subtopics and your work thus far, what overall general conclusions can you draw? Some questions to consider include: 1) What are some general observations on the topic? 2) Are there overall themes or patterns in the literature? 3) Do the patterns or themes suggest future areas of inquiry? In this process, did you discover that you need to return to the literature and search for additional resources? Please explain.
- Synthesize the recommendations for future research gathered via the literature review and present them in a brief 1-page summary.
- Finally, prepare a brief problem statement (1-2 pages) related to your selected topic area that you now believe represents a potential area of inquiry that you might pursue further. Remember, a problem statement uses critically evaluated findings from previous research to demonstrate the existence of a gap in knowledge appropriate to a dissertation. Your problem statement must use sources to show what we know and donâ€™t know, not what researchers have done and not done.
Ensure that you identify and consider to the theoretical frameworks presented in the literature you are reviewing (see Bloomberg & Volpe, 2008; Ridley, 2012). In this paper, focus on synthesizing the literature, as well as providing a critical analysis of the literature from at least 15 peer-reviewed sources (see readings from this week and Ridley, Chapter 8â€”regarding analysis and synthesis).
Avoid simply describing one study per paragraph: Your goal is an integrated synthesis of concepts, ideas, and findings. The last few paragraphs of the review should summarize the trends in the literature that you have observed and build a bridge to the need for additional research within the area.
Length: 12-15 pages minimum based on pages NOT word count (this page length requirement does not include the title page or reference list)
Your literature review draft should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.