Assignment 300 words
Color is all around us, but just how deeply integrated is the phenomenon of color into our senses and neural pathways? Describe trichromatic theory and opponent-process theory of color vision, including the observations on which it is based and the physiological basis of each theory. Lastly, watch the video on synaethesia below, and discuss what it means to say that color is created by the nervous system. Explain what everyday life would be like for an individual with the disorder, including its impact on occupation, relationships, and leisure time. Be sure to include how the disorder might affect the person’s behaviors and experiences in these settings.
PSYC304 | LESSON 5: COLOR PERCEPTION
Topics to be covered include:
· The influence of wavelength on color
· The proposals of trichromatic theory
· The proposals of opponent process theory
· The explanations of composite theory
· Why are people colorblind or color weak?