For any society, norms and beliefs change overtime. While the definition of sexual deviance remains unchanged, the acts considered deviant have changed. In this discussion, you will explore sexual deviance from societal and global perspectives.
4. Explain teen sex patterns in our culture (A, B, C, D, E)
5. Explain the different types of sexual deviance in society (A, B, C, D, E)
6. Explain how sexual deviance is defined by society (A, B, C, D, E)
7. Compare global perspectives of sexual deviance (A, B, C, D, E)
8. Recognize the different targets of stigma (A, B, C, D, E)
9. Analyze the way in which certain groups are stigmatized in our society (C, D, E)
10. Express the role that framing plays in defining deviant groups and behaviors (A, B, C, D, E)
- Compare and contrast at least two examples of sexual deviance while addressing the following:
- What types of sexual deviance exist?
- Who defines sexual deviance?
- How does sexual deviance impact teenagers? How does this differ from adult sexual deviance?
- How do these acts present differently at the society and global level?
- How might these present differently or similarly based on social norms and expectations?
- The post should be a minimum of 300 words. Your original discussion post must include two sources cited in APA Style.