You have been asked to conduct an analysis of your care setting that will result in two potential pathways toward a strategic plan to improve health care quality and safety in your organization, department, team, community project, or other care setting. To accomplish this, you will take two approaches to the analysis:
- Complete the discovery and dream phases of an appreciative inquiry (AI) project.
- Conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis.
To help ensure that your analysis is well-received, the requester has suggested that you:
- Present your analysis results in four parts:
- Part 1: Appreciative Inquiry Discovery and Dream.
- Part 2: SWOT Analysis.
- Part 3: Comparison of Approaches.
- Part 4: Analysis of Relevant Leadership Characteristics and Skills.
- Your analysis should be 4–7 pages in length.