Consequences of Ethical Issues in Finance and Accounting
Each student will be required to complete a research paper on a business ethics topic. Your topic will be assigned to you the second week of the class.
· The paper will use subheadings to divide the paper into the descriptions of at least ten concepts from the book.
· The main body of the paper must be 4 pages in length.
· In addition to the main body, the paper should include:
· Title page
· Contents page (listing paper “sub-heads” and page numbers), and
· References (or Works Cited) page).
· The paper must be typewritten, double-spaced, using standard 1″ margins, and must not include an excessive amount of “bullet dots” in the body of the paper.
· The paper must include footnotes (citations) or references in the body of the paper that correspond to a listing on the References or Works Cited page.
· Students may use any standardized referencing/footnoting formats, e.g., Modern Language Association (MLA) or American Psychological Association (APA).
· Proper use of English grammar and punctuation will be a consideration in grading.
· All papers must have a “Conclusion” (approximately one page at the end of the paper which provides a clear statement of what the student thought about the topic and why). The Conclusion must be “labeled” and is an essential part of the paper.
· There should be at least 6-8 current references.
· Students are encouraged to gather information from actual industry professionals within organizations, in addition to gathering research from the textbook, Web, books, journals, etc.
PRESENTATION GRADING CRITERIA
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation to summarize your written report. See your syllabus for specific tips on creating a presentation.
CRITERIA POINTS AWARDED
· Font size should be no smaller than 24 points
· Do not type paragraphs of text on a slide; instead use short bullet points
· You may use pictures, graphs, charts to illustrate your information
· Your presentation should contain between 8 and 10 slides
8-10 Slides – 60% __________
Complete coverage of
the subject matter – 40 % ________