Reading the text Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hull, G. H., Jr. (2018). Understanding generalist practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. Chapter 5, “Engagement and Assessment in Generalist Practice” (pp. 175–223)
- 1. Describe the assessment process as related to individuals and families.
- 2. Briefly identify the types of information it is important to gather.
- 3. Compare how assessment at the macro level is similar and dissimilar than at the micro level.
- 4. Explain how you would gather the needed information at the macro level.
- 5. Identify a situation where a client system (micro or macro) may be reluctant to engage in the assessment process.
- 6. Recommend 2 specific skills your colleague may use to engage individuals or communities who may be reluctant to accept social work services or participate in the assessment process.
(Support your post with APA citations to the course text and any other resources used to respond to this discussion. Demonstrate that you have completed the required readings, understand the material, and are able to apply the concepts. Include a full reference of resources at bottom of post.)