Develop formats for initial interviews of mental health clients
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review the Learning Resources.
Develop an interview format you would use for an initial interview of a client.
Attach the interview format document you would use for an initial interview of a client.
Describe what interview format your preceptor uses for the initial interview of a client.
Describe which element of your interview format is most helpful in your practice.
Learning Resources ( need 3 References).
American Psychiatric Association. (2016). Practice guidelines for the psychiatric evaluation of adults.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
· “Cautionary Statement for Forensic Use of DSM-5”
· “Assessment Measures”
· “Cultural Formulation”
· “Glossary of Technical Terms”
· “Glossary of Cultural Concepts of Distress”
Barton Associates. (2017). Nurse practitioner scope of practice laws. Retrieved from https://www.bartonassociates.com/locum-tenens-resources/nurse-practitioner-scope-of-practice-laws/
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
· Section 5.1, “Psychiatric Interview, Mental Status Examination” (pp. 192–211)
· Section 5.2, “The Psychiatric Report and Medical Record” (pp. 211–217)
· Section 5.3, “Psychiatric Rating Scales” (pp. 217–236)
· Section 5.5, “Personality Assessment: Adults and Children” (pp. 246–257)
· Section 5.7, “Medical Assessment and Laboratory Testing in Psychiatry” (pp. 266–275)
· Chapter 6, “Classification in Psychiatry” (pp. 290–308)
Kundla, M. (Producer). (2015). The Mental Status Examination: Description and Demonstration [Video file]. Alexandria, VA: Microtraining Associates.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017b). Working with Adults and Older Adults” [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.