My “Blank” Semester in CIS 265
For your final project, you will create a program that combines all the skills you’ve learned this
semester. This project is meant to be FUN and EXCITING! You should be creative and utilize
the resources provided within the course and outside of the course. Part research, part coding,
you will be expected to search the internet to assist with making this come together.
Give your project a cool name that describes your semester in CIS 265 this Fall. For example,
“My AMAZING Semester in CIS 265”, or “My CHALLENGING Semester in CIS 265”, etc.
PART 1 – Program (50 points)
This Project Must Include (10 points each)
1. At least 2 photos – photos should be appropriate and pertain to your project
2. Message Button – similar to the Greetings Lab, it should display a message upon click
3. Combo Box List – at least 5 items
4. Array List – at least 3 items, function must contain a loop
5. Exit Button
*All items can be contained on one form.
PART 2 – Paper (50 points)
Write a 1-page paper describing your experience completing this final project, covering the
– Any challenges you faced with resources, materials, or access?
– What did you enjoy about it? What didn’t you enjoy about it? Did you learn anything?
– Conclude with your expectations for the remainder of your academic career.
Submission – due by Monday, December 9th at 11:59pm
Submit the following items via a .zip file using the blackboard assignment link
Submit the following screenshots:
● Screenshot of your program code
● Screenshot of your program/form design
Submit the following files:
● Submit .exe of program
● Submit paper in Word Doc format
You will be graded on completeness of code and demonstrated effort. I expect the program to
build and run successfully, however, if it does not run, you will still be graded on the work itself.
I encourage you all to work with your peers, friends, or classmates, to get this done. Don’t
stress. You have an entire month, use your time wisely!