Dimensions of Wellness Personal Assessment Journal
Learning how to manage personal lifestyle choices is known as the self-help approach. This approach assumes that individuals can control some aspects of the environment that contributes to harming health. This week, you have learned about the seven dimensions of wellness and how there must be balance between these dimensions in order to achieve overall health and wellness. During this course, you will develop a YouTube video journal by completing short video journals each week.
To begin, assess your personal wellness by completing the Assessment Activity 1-1: Lifestyle Assessment Inventory on page 27 of your course textbook. Write out your results and answers from these questions so it is easier to reference them within your journal (space to write your answers is included within the assessment). Additionally, it is recommended that you prepare your comments for your video journal before recording it.
In your video journal, examine the effects of certain lifestyle factors on your wellness and think critically about your overall wellness by addressing the following comments and questions below:
- Describe the seven dimensions of wellness listed in the text.
- What did you learn from the assessment that surprised you?
- What are your three weakest dimensions of wellness?
- How do some of your lifestyle factors lead to these weaknesses?
- What are your three strongest dimensions of wellness?
- Which of your lifestyle factors led to these strengths? Explain how.
- I have learned that wellness is__________________.
- Think of one way you can improve one of your weakest dimensions of wellness. Write it down and note your progress throughout the week.
Your journal should be 2 to 5 minutes in duration. Review the YouTube Webcam Quick-Start Guide on how to create a YouTube account and create a YouTube video journal. Submit a one-page Word document that contains the URL to your YouTube video journal by Day 7.