I’m trying to study for my History course and I need some help to understand this question.
(this is a study guide not the assignment) I will send you the questions tomorrow the assignment has a timer so be here when I send you the questions
*IT’S ONLY 12 QUESTIONS *
I will send you the questions after 16 hours from now
Directions: Be able to identify each of the people/objects/places/terms/events below. In a short answer, explain why are they significant and how they influenced Early Western History?
- The Justinian Code
- King Alfred
- Pope Gregory I
- King Alfred
- ibn Sina
- The Council of Nicaea
- The Vulgate
- Civitas Dei
- Charles Martel
- Theoderic the Ostrogoth
- Carolingian Miniscule
- Le Chanson de Roland
- The Venerable Bede
- Hagia Sophia
Directions: Be prepared to answer the following questions. Answer the question completely and include some discussion of primary sources, where appropriate, to support your answer.
- Why were the Saxons and the Franks able to establish kingdoms that lasted longer than many others?
- Do you agree with the statement that Constantinople was a second Rome?
- Write a diary as if you are a monk. What is your daily life like? Describe the people and places in your environment.
- Discuss the central tenets of Islam and its early development.
- Compare Celtic and Roman Christianity.
- Why is the reign of Charlemagne generally considered to mark the end of the Dark Ages?
- How did St Augustine influence medieval Christianity?
- Outline the major divisions within Islam and its impact upon the early caliphates