Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 4, 5
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
During the 1930s, much of the world seemed to give up on their hope for a democratic solution to their problems and instead turned to totalitarianism, both in Europe and in Asia.
For the initial post, select and address one of the following:
Address the following questions for your selection:
- What effects did the history, politics, and economies of those areas play in their decisions to turn to totalitarianism?
- What role did the Great Depression in the United States play in their plight?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. At least one of your responses should be to a peer who chose an option different from yours. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references