Instructions for Final Paper
This is a traditional research paper.You should begin with a question or series of questions, your account of research and the state of debate on your question and a conclusion based on your research.
The topic must be related to the theme of the course â€“ the development and current state of the economies of Asia.Note:I do not want any papers on either Abenomics or the financial crisis in East Asia, though you could write a paper on a countryâ€™s performance since the crisis.Other possible topics may include:
- To what extent have (one or more) economies of Asia relied on state-led development?
- What has been the role of export-led growth in Asia (or in a region or a particular country)?
- How important has the use of capital and exchange controls been in countries that have used them (India, China, Malaysia)?
- Are the growth rates of India and/or another country or group of countries sustainable? Are they accurate?
- What is/was the role of trade with China and Japan in the development of other economies in Asia?
- To what extent has the development of Asian economies (or a particular country been driven by low wages?
- What do social indicators tell us about the state of human development in Asia (or in a particular country or region)?
- How have economic reforms in, for example, India, China and Vietnam affected living standards and social indicators?
You may also choose a historical topic, like whether conditions improved for working people under Maoism in China, whether Indiaâ€™s five year plans were successful in alleviating poverty.
These are just ideas.You may choose to write on any relevant topic.A case study of a country we didnâ€™t cover or from a region we didnâ€™t cover (like central Asia) might be interesting.
TOPIC IS Compared Thailand Economics and Vietnam Economics how Thailand growth passed Vietnam during the last 10 years
Sources must be academic and scholary relate