Answer the following:
- List four broad purposes for collecting water samples.
- Give an example for each of four kinds of water contaminants (beyond what is listed in the reading material):
- Microbiological organisms
- Inorganic chemicals
- Volatile organic chemicals
- Synthetic organic chemicals
- List the six conventional water pollutants; list three or more examples of toxic pollutants (beyond what is listed in the reading material).
- Identify and summarize in your own words the five federal acts that relate to water sampling. Go to https://www.epa.gov/regulatory-information-topic/regulatory-information-topic-water#main-content and research the acts listed in the reading.
Evaluate the situation depicted in the graphic:
- apparent path of the contaminant plume.
- Assuming that a split spoon sampler is inside the hollow stem auger, describe what you would expect the core of soil to look like upon opening the sampler.
- Predict the consequence of continuing to drill through the clay layer.
- As the technician in this situation, what would you do?