Your professional portfolio will be organized according to the nine American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials. In these portfolio submissions, reflect the ways your learning experiences and portfolio selections relate to, or meet, each essential and across the nursing program as a whole. Refer to the RN Student Handbook for more information. As this is a Capstone course, you may update previously submitted “Essentials” assignments, but should provide original and updated versions.
- Write a paragraph reflection for each assigned AACN Essential.
- Identify how each essential was met during your nursing program.
- Provide at least one example for each essential to be completed.
- Organize by listing each example with its corresponding essential outcome.
- Visit the AACN website for more information on the essentials.
- Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
- Essential IV: Information Management and Application of Patient Care Technology
- Essential V: Health Care Policy, Finance, and Regulatory Environments
- Essential VI: Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient Health Outcomes