- Explain how happiness is affected by social relationships, work, leisure, and religion. Access and read the GCU Statement on the Integration of Faith and Work. How might a person with the Christian worldview (CWV) explain how the CWV influences social relationships, moral attitudes, and moral behaviors.
2. Select a scholarly article that discusses religion and happiness. Discuss the effect that religious belief has on people’s happiness or unhappiness as it relates to their behaviors and attitudes. What effect does religion have on helping behavior, the prevalence of prejudice, and health of religious people? Share your findings.
To assist you in the creation of that proposal, you have decided on a research topic and begun collecting empirical studies to support the need for research. Your topic must relate to a basic social psychological principle; however it can fall into one of the applied subfields (forensic psychology, psychology of religion, industrial organization, health psychology, etc.).
For this assignment you will begin analyzing the current research around your chosen topic.
Using the empirical articles you have collected thus far, compare the current research for your chosen topic, in 1,250-1,500 words. The following information will assist in the analysis of the literature:
- 1. Introduction: This section should include your research question with a brief explanation of why the research is needed.
- 2. Compare and analyze the literature in the articles collected.
- 3. Compare the limitations of the studies you have collected.
- 4. A conclusion that includes how your research will add to the current field of research.
Prepare a document that includes your research question(s), including how your research will add to the current research in your chosen field (from your Topic 3 assignment). Your document will include five scholarly, peer reviewed, empirical studies from the past 5 to 7 years. This section should include APA formatted citations for each article, including permalink or doi number.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.