Write a paper in which you:
- Explain what the USA PATRIOT Act stands for and discuss its primary purpose
- Summarize an article about a recent example of a hate crime (within the last year) on the Internet and include why it was a hate crime, the characteristics that made it a hate crime, and how the police and court responded to the hate crime.
- Compare the characteristics of intelligence and investigation and describe how the information from each is used.
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality references for this assignment, including the initial article. One must have been published within the last year. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the various digital laws and legislation in support of law enforcement.
- Explain the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in society and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, and war.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about information technology in criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.