Select one and answer thoroughly; respond to two other students.
1. What were some general features of U.S. policy toward Central America, as illustrated by the cases of Guatemala, Nicaragua, and El Salvador?
2. What were the implications of the comment sometimes attributed to President Franklin D. Roosevelt â€œSomoza is an S.O.B., but he is our S.O.B.â€? (text page 450)
3. What were some notable differences between the Nicaraguan and Cuban revolutions in terms of goals and strategies?
4. How did the life and death of Archbishop Oscar Romero illustrate the role of â€œliberation theologyâ€ in the Central American revolutions?
5. What roles did women play in all three revolutions and how did these activities affect their lives thereafter?