What are you passionate about? What topics do you care about? What health issues are important to you?
Advocacy is arguing in favor of something that is important to you, such as a cause, idea, or policy. Advocacy occurs when a person engages in dialogue about an issue they care about. It can occur in many forms – – speaking out, letter writing, protesting, voting, and even wearing a t-shirt that makes a statement. A person can offer their opinion and suggestions for how to improve something to the people who are in control, for example to policy or decision makers.
For this assignment, you will conduct research to find a topic you would like to advocate for. A list of at least TEN talking points will be developed based on the research conducted. These talking points or bullets of research that you have found will be used to support your letter. The research will be used in the body of your letter. The talking points must be summarized and use proper APA in-text citations, you can only use one – two direct quotes.
Based on the list of talking points/research a letter will be written to advocate for your health issue.
· Talking Points that are made up of researched facts to support your letter. Must include a statement about what you are advocating for, ten talking points/facts and consequences. Be sure to include Reference List in APA format and cite every point included.
· Do not copy/paste your researched facts. Please paraphrase in your own words, otherwise this is considered plagiarism. You will receive a “0” if your facts are copy/pasted.
· Advocacy Letter –addressed properly and to a person who is located in California
· See BeachBoard for grading rubric and sample letter and talking points
· One two direct quotes can be used for talking points, but I prefer you paraphrase your research.