For this assignment you will explore the relationship between neuroscience and behavior by looking at biofeedback and neurobiofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
Address the following points in your paper:
- Define and explain biofeedback in your own words.
- Distinguish between biofeedback and neurofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
- Describe who uses biofeedback and EEG biofeedback and why (detail at least two professions and purposes).
- Explain how an understanding of the nervous system can help us find ways to alleviate disease and pain.
- Identify the pros and cons of biofeedback-based interventions (highlight areas related to research, studies, theories, practice).
- Identify ethical considerations related to biofeedback-based interventions.
- Discuss your point of view with regard to biofeedback-based interventions, such as EEG biofeedback.
- Have you had any experiences using EEG biofeedback?
- Can you think of a situation in your life or work where you might consider using EEG biofeedback?
- Would you recommend biofeedback-based interventions as a useful too? Why or why not?
- Incorporate a minimum of two scholarly sources in your writing.
- Use APA format to style your paper and cite and reference your two sources.
Your paper should be 2-4 pages long, in addition to a title page and a reference page. Refer to the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.