I’m studying for my Communications class and need an explanation.
For this Portfolio Project, you will compose an informal report for a stakeholder at an international company or nonprofit organization. The informal report can be directed to an internal or external stakeholder. Use research to determine the name and title of the person for whom you will be writing the report.
The final project must contain the following sections:
- Introduction (no header)
- Audience Analysis (level 1 header)
- Problem/Background (level 1 header)
- Purpose for Report (level 2 header)
- Relevance to Stakeholder (level 2 header)
- Proposed Solution(s) (level 1 header)
- Solution to Problem (level 2 header)
- Benefit to Solution (level 2 header)
- Counterargument (level 1 header)
- Recommendation/Actions (level 1 header)
- Final Report/Email (1 page) (level 1 header)
- Conclusion (level 1 header)
- Appendix (with supporting evidence)
Your paper should be 6-8 pages in length not counting the title page, references, and appendix which you must include. The paper must conform to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) guidelines. Include at least four scholarly sources and four professional publications as references in addition to the course textbooks, and your sources should be no more than 5 years old. The CSU Global Library is a good place to find these references. Refer to the Portfolio Project rubric for grading criteria. See this link (Links to an external site.) for a sample informal report email template. Refer to the Portfolio Project rubric for grading criteria.