GC Wk 5 An Indigenous People History of The United States Discussion
For this week’s discussion blog, please write a 400 word minimum response to this week’s readings based on the following questions. Also don’t forget to post a 200 word minimum response to a peer!
- Why do you think this week’s chapter from the textbook is titled, “Cult of the Covenant”? What is a quote or example from the chapter that really seems to capture your interpretation, and why?
- Why do you think this week’s chapter from the textbook is titled, “Bloody Footprints”? What is a quote or example from the chapter that really seems to capture your interpretation, and why?
- Reflect on your previous understanding of the interactions between the first settlers and the indigenous groups in what later became the United States. How does what you learned previously compare to our materials this week? Why might this be important to consider?
- How do this week’s materials relate to/build off of the materials we covered in last week’s Module 2?
- How do the excerpts from William Bradford’s “Of Plymouth Plantation” provide additional insight for what we learned through the textbook chapters this week? Make sure to include quotes from Bradford’s journal to support your response.
- What is “the true story” of Pocahontas, according to the article? How does the true story compare to the Disney movie versions?
- What are the origins of the Pocahontas Perplex, according to Green’s article? What are the impacts of the Pocahontas Perplex on modern society? What does Green advocate for in the conclusion?https://sdsu.instructure.com/courses/45821/files/1…
Above is the links that were provided and below I have attached the powerpoint.
TEXTBOOK – Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz’s An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States