Please do outside research on Google’s Sexual Misconduct Policy and do the following:
1. Describe which current ethical issue impacting the survival, growth or profitability of the firm. Clearly explain why the issue is important and urgent for the company to address.
2. Strive to implement a logical, fact-based approach.
3. Identify feasible and realistic alternative courses of action/ recommendations.These should address the key elements of the issue, and must be specific and actionable.
MUST BE 2 PAGES DOUBLE SPACED.
NOTES TO GET YOUR STARTED ON THE RIGHT PATH:
- Google’s sexual misconduct policy has garnered a lot of attention in recent news. A couple of months ago, Google employees protested against sexual harassment incidences and the way these cases were being handled.
- The protest aimed at bringing forced arbitration to an end (20,000 Google employees and contractors around the world were involved in the walkout)
- Forced arbitration negatively impacted the employees by violating their rights and not being able to pursue their demands in court.
- One of the recent catalysts that forced the Google walkout was the $90 million payouts that was compensated to Andy Rubin after he allegedly coerced sex from an employee. Also recently, former executive Amit Singhal was awarded $35 million in severance due to sexual misconduct claims against him.
- The executives abused their power to sexually harass employees who are dependent on them for employment
- The company tried to keep this information a secret from the public.
- All Google employees have to sign an arbitration agreement