For this assignment, you will research and prepare a community-level strategic plan that addresses a key public health issue.
Potential topics may include:
â€¢ Using prenatal and infancy home visits to prevent child abuse and neglect
â€¢ Preventing falls in the elderly
â€¢ Reducing population salt intake
â€¢ Reducing tobacco use among adults
â€¢ Preventing risky sexual behavior among youth and young adults
â€¢ Reducing drug experimentation among young adults
Include the following in your paper:
- Provide an overview of the community health issue as described in Part A with identified causes and influences, including knowledge gaps.
- Detail the prevalence of the issue inside and outside the United States.
- Describe potential monetary costs associated with the issue in the United States.
- You must include data as part of your introduction (images, charts, graphs, etc., may be included as well as written data).
- Describe advance practice roles and management strategies that affect change at the community level.
- Identify key community and social resources that negatively and positively affect the selected issue.
- Identify changes or enhancements in community-related services for your selected topic.
- Develop a strategic plan that could decrease the prevalence of your selected topic.The goals for this plan needs to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Include how your plan takes into consideration health literacy, socioeconomic factors, and cultural differences.
- A summary of the goals and challenges
- An assessment of the outlook for action/progress
- Appendix A: Include your community assessment from Week 3 as Appendix A.
Your paper should be 3â€“5 pages in length (not including the cover or reference pages). Use APA throughout.
Include 2â€“3 scholarly sources that are carefully selected and appropriate to the topic. References should be currentâ€”no more than four years old.
Part A of this assignment will be included as a file 🙂