HIM 370 UArizona Global Campus Hospital Based Care Comparative Summary Project
Throughout the course, you have delved into the differences among healthcare settings, regulations, accrediting organizations, documentation requirements, reimbursement, coding, and classification systems, and health information management employment opportunities. These weekly activities served as building blocks for the Comparative Summary Project. Your Comparative Summary Project must include a summary of information for the following healthcare settings:
Freestanding Ambulatory Care
- Managed Care
- Correctional Facilities
- Behavioral health
- Long-Term Care
- Home Health Care
- For each of the above healthcare settings
- Describe the types of care provided.
Identify the national organization(s) and the healthcare standards for the setting.
Identify your home state for state specific information.
- Summarize the state specific health record (i.e., medical record) documentation guidelines for the healthcare setting, including the statute, regulation and administrative code reference number.
- Summarize the state specific health record (i.e., medical record) retention guidelines for the health care setting, including the statute, regulation and administrative code reference number.
- Summarize the documentation requirements from The Joint Commission, including the standard and section (only for hospital-based care).
- Describe the reimbursement method for the healthcare setting.
- Describe a minimum of two coding or classifications systems utilized.
- Summarize at least one commonly reported database associated with the health care setting.
- Identify a minimum of two job opportunities at that setting for registered health information management administrators (RHIA).